Microsoft Shift Video Training - Getting Started with Microsoft Shift
- 0h 27 min
- Viewed 439 times
Microsoft simplifies the creation and exchange of schedules with its planning management tool: Microsoft Shift. Linked to Microsoft Teams, it allows you to manage your team, to assign it a schedule that can be modified according to your needs, but also to manage the various requests of your employees.
As a manager, you can create schedules, accept or decline requests for leave or schedule changes, and modify the group and members. As a member, you can view the schedule and make requests for leave and changes.
Thanks to sharing, Shift saves time in the creation, development and exchange of schedules with your employees.
You need to get to know Microsoft Shift and understand how it can serve you.
At the end of this training, you will know:
- The usefulness of Microsoft Shift
- How to put together a schedule for a team
- How to swap shift with a teammate or respond to changing needs as they arise
- How to create and manage a schedule and all associated requests
Prerequisite and Target Audience
Target audience: Team members and their planning manager
Startup Level: Beginner
Prerequisite: Master independently the basic uses of computer navigation and the uses of your computer
Means and Methods
- E-Learning Modules: A video series to help you achieve the defined educational objective.
- Documents and other materials: Additional information or educational activities to complement this course.
1 Introductory Video of the Training Theme
- What's Microsoft Shift
13 Video Tutorials on Shift in 1 lesson
- Discover Microsoft Shift
- Interface Introduction of SHIFTS
- Shift and its imbrication with Teams
- Create and organise a group
- Create a Schedule and Organise it with the Help of Groups
- What is an Open Shift?
- How to Copy a Schedule
- Complete and Share a Schedule
- How to Manage Specific Settings
- Manage Requests of Holidays and Leaves of Absences
- The mobile App with Teams
- How Clock In Works
- Inform your Team about Changes
- Printing a Schedule
1 Course Knowledge Validation Quiz
Learn more about Microsoft Shift
Microsoft Shift is the schedule management tool for first line workers and is exclusively available in Teams. Whether you’re putting together a schedule for your team or swapping shifts with a teammate, it has you covered. This app helps you create, update, and manage schedules for your team. Shifts can be modified when necessary, allowing the entire team to view changes in real time. Microsoft Shift tools enable simplified management of team members and their associated Shifts.
The feature of "Open Shifts" has the advantage not only of creating an unassigned task, which makes it possible to notify the existence of this task, but also to allow a coworker to make the request to assign the task. Shifts change requests can be used to swap the worker assigned to a task. Thus, an employee can lighten the workload of one of his colleagues.
Ultimately, Microsoft Shift is the simplified schedule management tool linked to your Office 365 suite for efficient and collaborative work.